1. (April 22 2015) We have a new web site! Well, if you see this, you already know we have a new web site. We invite you to explore the new site and design. Tell us what you think. Give us some suggestions on what you would like to see on the site. What did we miss that you need? We’ll try hard to make the site useful. We are also going to rely heavily on it to get you Community information as quickly and efficiently as we can. It’ll save all of us the cost of postage for Community information and will ensure you have information at your fingertips whenever you need it.
2. (April 22 2015) We’re going to use e-mail to correspond to Doral HOA. You may recall our efforts from a year or so ago to collect e-mail addresses for each Doral household. Board volunteers went door-to door to get the addresses. We were fairly successful and we obtained addresses for just under 90% of the households. So, we’re going to start using e-mails for “routine” communication between the Board and HOA members. Anytime we have any something of interest and importance to the Community as a whole, we’ll send you an e-mail. Don’t worry, we’re not going to overload you with nuisance e-mails. We’ll only send an e-mail if there is something we think you’d like to know quickly. Otherwise, we’ll just post materials to the web site for you to peruse at your leisure. Also, for any “formal” correspondence, we’ll still use the regular mail.
3. (April 22 2015) We finally got that light! It took a while (26 years), but we finally have a light at Randolph and Hawkesbury. After some serious pestering by your Doral Board, the County finally agreed that the intersection was dangerous and agreed to install the traffic light. There was a bit of a delay due to a homeowner across Randolph contesting right-of-way, but that was resolved. Still be careful at the intersection, but now, at least, you won’t have to take your life in your hands every time you exit the neighborhood.
4. (April 22 2015) Look for Traffic Calming Signs on Hawkesbury. We’re placing four “traffic calming” signs on Hawkesbury. Sometimes, folks driving through Doral don’t heed the 25 MPH speed limit. With lots of kids playing and waiting for buses along Hawkesbury, we decided to place four signs along the street. Two will be near the south and north entrances and two will be near Pebble Beach. They simply remind drivers to slow down and watch for kids and pets. We hope it slows traffic to near the speed limit.
5. (April 22 2015) The next ARC Inspection will be around May 2. Doral’s Architectural Review Committee will conduct its annual walkthrough inspection around May 2 2015. You all know what to expect. The inspectors look at the fronts and sides of the houses, primarily. They look for such things a mildew on the siding, peeling paint and rotting wood, clutter, etc. You received a flyer a few weeks ago with details. You can also review the Covenants and ARC Guidelines posted on this site for details. Take some time to walk around the outside of your house and do whatever you need to do to avoid being cited for any “deficiency”. Thank you!
6. (April 22 2015) Come to the Annual HOA Meeting. We sent you a reminder about the upcoming Annual HOA Meeting on May 20 2015 at Westover Elementary School. Please attend. We’re electing two Board members and discussing other issues that bear on the HOA. If you can’t attend, still please vote for the Board members by sending your completed Ballots to either George Langbein (HOA President) or to Summit. The addresses are in the letter you received earlier. Looking forward to seeing you there!